The State of Maryland Prescription Benefits Plan provides comprehensive benefits with convenient and flexible delivery options for you and your family. To ensure you understand your benefits and how to make the program work best for you, please take the time to review these materials before using your prescription benefit plan.
If you use a pharmacy that participates in the CVS Caremark network, you only need to pay a co-payment at the time of service. To locate a participating pharmacy, use the online Pharmacy Locator tool.
If you use a pharmacy that’s not covered in the network, you must pay the entire cost of the medication and then submit a claim for reimbursement. Claim forms are located online at http://info.caremark.com/stateofmaryland and can also be requested by calling CVS Caremark Customer Care at 1-844-460-8767. Claims must be submitted within 365 days of the prescription purchase date. You will be reimbursed for the amount the plan would have paid if you had obtained your medication at a participating local pharmacy, minus the appropriate copayment.
If you are already enrolled in the plan, you may register online at http://info.caremark.com/stateofmaryland. Once you register for a Caremark.com account, you will find all of the information listed above. In addition, your Caremark.com account will allow you to track all of your prescription information and will provide quick access to help you manage your health and medication options:
- View plan highlights
- Locate participating local pharmacies
- Compare medication prices
- Find out if your medications are covered under your plan
- Check prescription pricing and coverage
- Order refills and track the status of your prescriptions filled through the
CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy
- Request mail service forms and envelopes and download claim forms
- Print a temporary ID card
- Obtain health information and much more
Call 1-844-460-8767 to speak with a Customer Care representative to:
- Ask questions about your prescription benefits
- Find the nearest participating local pharmacy
- Speak with a registered pharmacist
- Order refills
- Request CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy home delivery order forms or envelopes
- Request claim forms for prescriptions filled at out-of-network pharmacies