Job Applicant FAQ
Begin the application process at ejobs.umd.edu by either of two ways:
- Click on Apply to this job at the top of a specific job posting. You will be guided through the application process.
- Click on Create Account from the Home Page. You will be guided through the application process and be able to search postings and click on Apply to this job at the top of a specific job posting.
Go to the login screen and click I forgot my user name / password. You will be prompted for your username and asked to answer the security questions you answered when setting up your job application account.
Go to the login screen and click I forgot my user name / password. You will be prompted for your email address used to setup your account.
Once an application has been submitted, it can not be edited.
Your application materials will stay on file indefinitely.
Your application and qualifications will be considered for the open positions you specified, if you meet the qualifications for the position based on:
- The minimum requirements, and
- The departmental required skills/preferences
The hiring department reviews submitted applications and determines which applicants to contact for interviews. The hiring departments will contact applicants directly.
- Click on Application Status
You will be able to review a list of all the positions for which you have applied and see the most recent status for each.