You must have an existing faculty position to request a Waiver of Search.
- From the Position Management module select Faculty by hovering over Positions on the main menu.
- Select the position title or search for the position by entering the position number and then click the title
- On the Summary tab select Search Waiver and then click Start to begin
- Complete Search Waiver Information tab and click Next
- On the Supplemental Documents tab a CV for the applicant and a Justification for the Waiver of Search must be attached. When all documentation is uploaded click Next
- The Applicant Documents tab should only be completed if you are going to require the candidate to apply via a quicklink (this process will also require a hiring proposal be created to designate the posting as filled). When complete click Next
- On the Action Summary tab verify all information has been included and select Take Action on Action to move the request forward to the Hiring Official for approval
- The Hiring Official should review for accuracy and make any necessary changes. Once completed the Hiring Official will Take Action on Action and forward the request to the Chair/Dept Approver or directly to the Equity Administrator (Send to Equity Administrator)
- The Equity Administrator will review the request and if approved will Take Action on Action and forward the request to the Major Unit Head
Major Unit Head
- The Major Unit Head will review the request and if approved will Take Action on Action and forward the request to the eTerp Service Center
- Once approved the Creator will receive the email stating the position has been approved. UHR will then seat the employee on the position in eTerp2 (eliminating the need for the quicklink or if requested create a quicklink to be sent to the candidate)
Last updated: April 10, 2014