To the Campus Community:
Due to the approaching winter storm and our commitment to the safety of our faculty, staff, and students, the University of Maryland will be closed on Friday, January 22; Saturday, January 23; and Sunday, January 24, 2016.
Students currently enrolled in winter session who have final exams scheduled for Friday, January 22, will hear directly from their instructors regarding accommodations for final exams.
Spring semester classes will begin as scheduled on Monday, January 25, 2016.
Special instructions regarding move-in for new and residential students returning to campus for the Spring semester are outlined here: http://ter.ps/weatherspmov. Please continue to check this website for move-in updates throughout the winter storm.
Please monitor UMD Alerts, Twitter (@UofMaryland; @UMDRightNow and @presidentloh), and the UMD homepage (www.umd.edu), as well as local television and radio broadcasts, for additional updates. We will be monitoring the winter storm and will provide updates accordingly through these channels.
Updates regarding UMD’s open or closed status, as well as other schedule changes, will be announced through the channels listed below. As a reminder, these procedures will be followed for weekdays and weekends.
- UMD Alerts
- Twitter (@UofMaryland; @UMDRightNow; @UMPD; and @presidentloh)
- UMD homepage (www.umd.edu)
- UMD Snowline (x5-SNOW or 301-405-7669)
- Local news outlets via the Web, TV and radio
As always, our first priority is your safety, and we ask you to do your part to keep yourself and others safe during times of inclement weather. A few helpful reminders:
- If you have not done so already, you can sign up for UMD Alerts by visiting www.alert.umd.edu.
- Program the campus emergency phone number, 301-405-3333 or #3333, into your cell phone. Report any emergencies immediately to University Police.
- Keep your cell phone and other devices charged prior to severe weather.
For more information on emergency preparedness, please visit the University of Maryland’s emergency preparedness website at: http://prepare.umd.edu/
Mary Ann Rankin, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President and Provost
Last updated: January 20, 2016