The University System of Maryland (USM) is composed of 12 distinct and complementary institutions, 2 Regional System, and 1 System Office united by the mission of advancing education, research and service. Each institution is responsible for the design of a Pay Administration Program for Nonexempt positions consistent with USM principles and as approved by the Chancellor.
The University System of Maryland Nonexempt:
- Is market based
- Is reviewed by the USM, with input from each institution, on a biannual basis
- May be adjusted periodically to reflect market variances
- Consists of 16 pay ranges
- The midpoint of each range is targeted to meet the market mean
- Follows a lead/lag philosophy
University of Maryland College Park publishes Nonexempt Pay Ranges with a “Delegated Hiring Authority” indicator. The University of Maryland College Park does not use Pay Range 1.
Last updated: October 4, 2016