After the initial review those applicants who are no longer under consideration should be notified of their status as soon as possible.
For nonexempt and exempt applicants that have a status of Does Not Meet Minimum Qualifications a system generated email will be sent automatically notifying them they are no longer under consideration.
For the remaining applicants the same email notification can be triggered by the Search Chair/Designee and or the Hiring Official. Below are the instructions for sending a system generated rejection notice to selected applicants.
Note: Applicants that were interviewed should not be sent the “system” email, instead they should be sent a personalized email from the Search Chair or Hiring Official
Sending Rejection Notice Electronically from eTerp2
- Log in as Search Chair/Designee or Hiring Official, in the Applicant Tracking module and access the posting
- Follow the link to the Applicants tab. The list of active applicants opens. To access the “inactive” applicants open more search options, select “inactive”, and the click search.
- Do one of the following:
- Use the check boxes next to the applicant name to select at least one applicant, OR
- Follow the link (applicant’s name) to an individual applicant’s profile.
- If you selected applicants from the list, open the Actions menu and select Email Applicants. If you opened an applicant’s profile, select Email Applicant from the list of available actions. The Configure Email page opens.
- Select the email template Applicant Rejection Letter.
- Select Preview. A preview page presents the message.
- Select Send Emails to send the message as it is presented, or use the breadcrumb navigation at the top of the page to return to the list of applicants without sending the message.
Last updated: May 3, 2016