To reclassify an existing nonexempt position to an exempt position follow the instructions for creating a new exempt position as outlined below:
Log in at http://ejobs.umd.edu/hr using your Directory ID and Password and verify you are in the Position Management Module and your user Role is Creator.
- Click Positions and select Exempt
- Select Create New Position
- Click New Exempt Position
- Enter the Functional Title, select the correct Department and click Start Action.
- Select the Position Title and click Next
- Complete the Position Description (the Reason for Action should be Reclassify Existing NE to Exempt), then click Next
- On the Comments tab enter the Position Number of the position you are reclassifying (the new position in eTerp will be created using the existing position number)
- Continue to complete any remaining tabs if applicable
- Review the Action Summary tab for missing information
- Move your action forward by selecting Take Action on Action and selecting the next user role.
- Once approved by UHR the Creator will receive an email notification indicating the status of the position as Approved
Last updated: April 28, 2014