As was announced by Provost Rankin on February 3, 2014, the approved changes to the faculty and staff search and selection process went into effect on 2/1/2014. One major change announced is that committees are no longer a required element in the search and selection process for Exempt staff positions in Pay Bands 1 and 2. In order to conduct this type of search the following procedures should be followed in eTerp2:
Creating the Posting:
- The Hiring Official should be set up in the posting as both the Hiring Official and the Search Chair. A Search Chair Coordinator (Designee) may also be assigned at this time to assist the Hiring Official with the administrative duties of the search.
- After completing the Search and Selection Plan, the Hiring Official should send the posting forward directly to the Equity Administrator, skipping over the Search Chair role.
- The Equity Administrator will move the posting forward following the existing workflow that has been in place for Exempt postings.
- The Hiring Official can initially view applicants and their associated documents by being logged in as either the Hiring Official or the Search Chair.
- Prior to conducting interviews, the Hiring Official must identify the “Proposed Interviewees” by changing the applicant statuses to “Recommend as Finalist – For Equity Review.” To change applicant statuses and send the Proposed Interviewees to the Equity Administrator, the Hiring Official must be logged into eTerp2 as the Search Chair.
- Once reviewed and approved by the Equity Administrator, the Finalists should be sent to the Hiring Official to proceed with the interviews. From this point forward, the existing Exempt workflow applies.
Detailed instructions: Exempt Postings in Pay Bands 1 and 2 Not Using a Search Committee
Last updated: October 15, 2015