1. Are you still a licensed Family Day Care provider?
2. Do you have an opening for a ________ month-old?
3. How many children do you care for now?
4. How many children is your home licensed to serve?
5. What is the maximum number of children you will have in your home program?
6. What are you hours? Are you open on snow days? Certain holidays? Day after Thanksgiving, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day? (Days you work but school is closed).
7. What are your fees? Do you require a deposit? Materials fee?
8. Do you require that I pay for care when my child is not in your care?
9. What kind of activities do you plan for the children?
10. What type of snacks and/or meals do you provide for the children?
11. What is your philosophy regarding child discipline techniques?
12. What type of T.V. programs do you allow children to watch?
13. Do you take children out of the house on walks or field trips?
14. Where do they generally play out-of-doors?
15. What type of notice do you give when you are planning to take a vacation or need time off from care of the children?
16. What type of notice do you require if I decide to withdraw my child from your program?
17. How long have you been in the child care field? Do you have any formal experience working with children such as teaching, recreation, camp counseling, child care center experience?
18. Do you belong to any of the child care organizations?
19. Do you have any assistance? What are their qualifications? Have they had a physical check-up recently? A criminal background/records check?
20. How do you deal with children who are mildly ill? Under what circumstances can they attend your program?
21. May I see your current license?
22. “What would you do if” questions are very important!!!
- What would you do if my child suddenly came down with a fever?
- What would you do if my baby has a very cranky, crabby morning?
- What would you do if my child bites another child?
- How would you deal with my child if she experiences a great fear or dislike of something you introduce in your activities?
- What if my child will not nap? (Or refuses to rest if she is an older child?)
- What if my child has trouble adjusting to the routine?
- What if my child doesn’t get along with one or two of the children?
- What if one of your own children hurts my child- how do you handle it?
- What if my child had a fever the night before she comes to day care at your home, what would you expect me to tell you or to do?
- What if my supervisor wants me to work late and your hours end at 6 pm? How can we work this type of emergency out?
Last updated: June 13, 2014