FAQs / I don’t think I am properly classified. How can I get my job reviewed? I think I should be at a higher grade.

If you think that you are not appropriately classified, you should bring the matter to the attention of your immediate supervisor. Using your old position description, begin the process by completing a new position description which will be entered into the university’s online Human Resources System in your unit. Be sure to clearly emphasize the changes you believe have occurred in the position. After your supervisor has completed his/her review of the position description form (PDF), it should be submitted electronically to the Department Head, Dean, or Designee for routing to University Human Resources. A University Human Resources Classification Specialist will review the PDF and determine whether the position is appropriately classified.

Posted in: Employment & Compensation