In an effort to enhance the quality and effectiveness of University Human Resources’ initiatives, an HR Service Partner role for each university unit has been established. The HR Service Partner functions as the unit’s primary representative and liaison to University Human Resources on strategic HR matters. HR Service Partners will provide feedback on current and proposed institutional HR programs, initiatives, communications, and process strategies that impact their respective divisions.
About HR Service Partners
HR Service Partner Role DESCRIPTION
The HR Service Partners works on behalf of the departments, unit, college, serving as the Organization’s primary representative and liaison to the University Human Resources department and other HR Service Partners on all strategic HR matters.
The key components of the HR Service Partners role are as follows:
- To represent the Organization in the provision of interactive input and feedback to the university HR regarding current and proposed new or modified institutional HR programs and initiatives, communications, and process strategies.
- To serve as the Organization’s principal partner and/or liaison with the University HR Department in the successful implementation, communication, establishment, and promotion of new and/or enhanced HR programs, processes, and initiatives.
- To serve as a conduit for communication between the University HR Department and the organization conveying accurate, consistent, and timely information to staff and faculty within each constituent operating unit.
- To provide a level of strategic coordination regarding HR transactions that is appropriate to the specific Organization, and to provide leadership and/or initiate collaboration with the University HR Department in the remediation of situational problems and non-compliant or out-of-guidelines activities.
- To network with other HR Service Partners and University HR Department experts to discuss and benchmark HR practices across the institution, and to gain institutional insight into HR compliance issues and associated areas of risk.
Specific duties and responsibilities of an HR Service Partners may be delegated in accordance with the staffing structure and operational requirements of the Organization. However, the primary point of strategic liaison and collaboration between the Organization and the University HR Department shall remain the designated HR Service Partner.
|Division||HR Svc Partner||Title|
|School of Public Health||Amanda Grimes||Assistant Dean|
|Office of Extended Studies||Andrew Leighton||Director of FInance|
|College of Behavioral & Social Sciences||Ann Holmes||Asst Dean|
|VP Administration & Finance - Facilities Management||Ava-Lisa Macon||Director|
|Robert H. Smith School of Business||Bobvita Salters||Director of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness|
|VP Student Affairs||Brooke Lecky Supple||Chief of Staff|
|Office of Civil Rights & Sexual Misconduct||Catherine Carroll||Director|
|VPAF-Office of Budget & Fiscal Analysis||Colleen Dove Auburger||Executive Director|
|College of Education||D Hakim Scott||Assistant Dean|
|College of Agriculture & Natural Resources||Dan Ramia||Asst Dean|
|College of Computer, Math & Natural Sciences||Dean Kitchen||Asst Dean|
|Office of the President||Debbie Russell||HR Coordinator ICA|
|VPSA-University Recreation & Wellness||Earl Cabellon||Asst Director|
|School of Architecture, Planning, & Preservation||Ingrid Farrell||Asst Dean|
|Sr VP Academic Affairs & Provost||Jan Andrews||Administrator|
|VP Research||Jeffrey Snider||Director|
|USG-Shady Grove Center||Jessica Nardi||Director|
|VP Administration & Finance||Jewel Washington||Assistant VP|
|VPSA-Dining Services||Joe Mullineaux||Sr Assoc Director|
|College of Arts & Humanities||Julie Wright||Asst Dean|
|VPSA-SU-Stamp Human Resources||Kalia Patricio||Asst Director|
|Office of the President||Kanitta Tonggarwee||Assistant to the President|
|VPAF-Environmental Safety, Sustainability & Risk||Karol Salisbury||Assistant Director- Business & Financial Services|
|Undergraduate Studies||Kathryn Robinson||Asst Dean|
|College of Arts & Humanities||Kathy Cavanaugh||Asst Dean|
|School of Public Policy||Kim Schmidt||Asst Dean|
|VP Administration & Finance - Comptroller-Payroll Services||Kim Williams||Manager|
|VP University Relations||Lisa LePore||Assoc Director|
|A. James Clark School of Engineering||Maureen Meyer||Asst Dean|
|College of Information Studies||Melekte Truneh||Asst Dean of Finance|
|VPSA-RL-Director Salary/L&A||Meredith Carpenter||Manager|
|Division of Information Technology||Meredith Lee||Director|
|Information Technology||Michael Eismeier||Director|
|Graduate School||Patty Woodwell||Director Admin Srv|
|VP Student Affairs - Residential Facilities||Sean Ballantine||Asst Director|
|Philip Merrill College of Journalism||Vanessa Nichols-Holmes||Asst Dean|
|February 21, 2019||1:00-2:30||1101U Chesapeake Bldg|
|April 18, 2019||1:00-2:30||1101U Chesapeake Bldg|
|June 20, 2019||1:00-2:30||1101U Chesapeake Bldg|
|August 15, 2019||1:00-2:30||1101U Chesapeake Bldg|
|October 17, 2019||1:00-2:30||1101U Chesapeake Bldg|
|December 19, 2019||1:00-2:30||1101U Chesapeake Bldg|