In this course, you will learn how to use this popular and powerful software. You’ll begin by getting familiar with Excel’s menu system, how to create formulas and use simple functions, how to format your data for appearance sake, how to use printing and charting capabilities of Excel, and how to work with powerful functions like IF and VLOOKUP. Then learn how to use a few data analysis tools, like Goal Seek and Solver and how to automate your work via macros.
- Working with the Excel interface
- Entering data
- Creating formulas and functions
- Formatting rows, columns, cells, and data
- Working with alignment and text wrap
- Adjusting rows and columns
- Finding and replacing data
- Printing and sharing worksheets
- Creating charts and PivotTables
- Inserting and deleting sheets
- Using power functions such as IF and VLOOKUP
- Password-protecting worksheets and workbooks
- Sorting data
- Analyzing data with Goal Seek and Solver
- Creating and running macros
In this course, you’ll see how to use Google Sheets to create, format, analyze, and collaborate on spreadsheets. First, you’ll review the features of Google Sheets, including the latest updates. Next, you’ll see how to access Google Sheets, and take a tour of the interface. Then look at how to create, edit, view and print spreadsheets with Google Sheets. After that, you’ll learn about how to format content, work with spreadsheet data and, finally, how to collaborate with others on spreadsheets.
- Navigating Google Sheets
- Creating, naming, and saving spreadsheets
- Importing files
- Converting other file formats such as Microsoft Excel to Google Sheets
- Editing cells
- Inserting, deleting, and moving rows and columns
- Adding hyperlinks and images
- Formatting data
- Using formulas and functions
- Sharing spreadsheets
- Using the Google Sheets mobile app
Tips for Learning Success
Make learning social. Do you have colleagues with similar learning interests? Pair up! Choose a Lynda.com course, watch it and discuss.
Learn something new. On average, Lynda.com publishes 25 courses each week. Wondering what’s new and interesting? Filter for the most recent using the main search bar.
Learn anytime, from anywhere. Download courses to your mobile device to view instruction on the go while you’re online. Start a course on a desktop device and finish it on your smartphone. Bookmark courses on your phone and watch them on your computer. Get the Lynda.com app today.
Last updated: November 29, 2018