UHR Office of Employee Benefits is hosting workshops throughout the month of April focusing on Budgeting, College Savings, Investing, Estate Planning Social Security, and Pre-Retirement processes. Registration will be available at training.umd.edu
April 3 – Social Security presented by a representative of the Social Security Administration.
- Learn how social security can help you plan for retirement. Learn how much you can expect to receive, how your retirement age affects your benefits and more.
April 4 – Maryland 529 (formerly known as College Savings Plan)
- Maryland 529* college savings plans make it easier than ever to save for college. The Maryland Prepaid College Trust allows you to lock in tomorrow’s tuition at today’s prices and offers the security of a Maryland Legislative Guarantee.
April 6 – ORP Pre-Retirement Seminar – Open to employees in the ORP Retirement Plan
- Learn about retiring under the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), retiree health insurance and Medicare.
April 10 – Do You Secu? Home Buying Facts
- Credit – The Ability to Buy/have something now and pay for it later.
- Budget – Understanding and sticking to a budget.
- Pre-qualification – To understand why it is important to get pre-qualification to know your price range and buying power
- Documents needed
April 13 – Estate Planning – Open to employees 60 or older
April 17 – State Pension Pre-Retirement Seminar – Open to employees who are in the State Pension Plan
- Learn about retiring under the State Pension System, pension options, retiree health benefits, and Medicare.
April 18 – Have you saved enough money for retirement? Will social security impact your retirement expenses and health care expenses? Open to employees in the ORP Retirement Plan
April 20 – How Much will be Enough for My Retirement?
- Learn how much you should expect to need in retirement and if you are saving enough now. Learn what risks you might face in trying to reach your goal.
April 24 – Budgeting tips by SECU
Last updated: March 29, 2018