April is National Financial Literacy Month and the UHR Office of Employee Benefits is hosting workshops that will focus on budgeting, college savings, investing, social security, and pre-retirement processes.
April 3rd – Social Security: One Piece of the Puzzle
- Learn how much you can expect to receive, how your retirement age affects your benefits and more.
April 3rd – Get Your Financial House in Order and Avoid Money Traps
- Learn how to spend less time worrying about money, how to reduce/eliminate debt and move toward financial freedom, and how to create an effective spending plan.
April 7th – Budgeting Basics: “It’s a Money Thing”
- Learn about setting up an emergency fund and savings goals.
April 10th – Social Security & Budgeting (Spanish)
- Aprender cómo seguro social puede ayudarle a planificar para la jubilación.
- Manejo del dinero – Control de Ingresos y Gastos (Spanish)
April 10th – Social Security & Budgeting (English)
- Learn how social security can help you plan for retirement,
- Inside Money: Managing income and debt. How to make your money work, the importance of cash flow and how to use it
April 12th – Maryland 529 (formerly known as College Savings Plan)
- Maryland 529* college savings plans make it easier than ever to save for college. The Maryland Prepaid College Trust allows you to lock in tomorrow’s tuition at today’s prices, while offering the security of a Maryland Legislative Guarantee.
April 14th – State Pension Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Learn about retiring under the State Pension System, pension options, retiree health benefits, and Medicare.
April 19th – Money at Work 1: Foundations of Investing
- Learn the necessities of making strong and fruitful investment decisions.
April 27th – Make the Most of Your Retirement Savings
- Learn how much is enough, strategies to save more, and how to preserve and grow the savings you have.
April 28th – ORP Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Learn about retiring under the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), retiree health insurance and Medicare.
Last updated: March 31, 2017