Need Your W2 or Paystub?

The IRS requires W2s to be mailed out by January 31st.  After this date, request duplicate forms by calling the Central Payroll Bureau at 410-260-7964.

Most employees can print their W2s from the State of Maryland’s online payroll website.

If you are a new user,  you will need to sign up.   You will need the UMD Agency Code (360222) and your last paycheck/pay advice number (only pay stubs issued within the last 8 weeks can be used).  For this information, current employees can access copies of their pay stubs on ARES.

Employees who terminated more than 8 weeks prior, lived in more than one state during the year, received a corrected W2, or who will be receiving a 1042S (Non-Resident Aliens for Tax Purposes) cannot use the online service and must call the Central Payroll Bureau directly.

If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Payroll Services at 301-405-5665.

Payroll Online Service Center Graphic

Last updated: June 27, 2019

Last updated: June 27, 2019