Last month TIAA sponsored a short and engaging online quiz open to all employees. The quiz offered the opportunity to learn more about your financial knowledge by asking five daily financial questions. A gaming aspect was added to increase participation through friendly competition across departments and anonymous scoring. Below is a snapshot of the results.
View the complete results.
- 178 individuals started the Financial IQ Challenge
- 110 females, 68 males
- 738 sessions were completed (433 by females; 305 by males)
- On average, each individual completed 4.15 sessions (15 possible)
- 77% of the questions were answered correctly
- The topic of Retirement had the lowest performance among all groups; the topic of Loans had the highest performance among all groups
When performance on each type of question was averaged, the four employee categories all scored in the mid-to-high 70% range.
Results by Topic
Overall performance shows that the topic of Retirement had the lowest score and Loans had the highest score.
Participation by Age
Ages 55 – 64 represented the highest number of registrations and answered the most questions correctly, however, ages 25 – 34 completed the most sessions and were most likely to check the Leader board.
Last updated: March 16, 2017