You Save Money by Participating!
Employees, Non-Medicare eligible retirees and spouses who are enrolled in a medical plan are eligible to participate. When you and your enrolled spouse complete the wellness activities for 2018, all of your visits to your PCP are free and you could also receive a $5 reduction for your specialist copay until the end of the calendar year! The sooner you complete your activities the sooner you start saving.
If You Do Not Participate in the Wellness Plan
If you choose not to complete the healthy activities, you lose out on free PCP copays and/or reduced specialist copays. Note: There is no penalty or surcharge for not participating.
First select a PCP (if you haven’t already) and then complete the online health risk assessment provided by your medical plan. It’s a good idea to take the assessment every two years to track your progress or to pick up areas for improvement. Within 30-days of completing these two activities you will be able to enjoy free PCP visits for the rest of the year. Please refer to the Wellness FAQ on our website for details on how your plan notifies you that your record has been updated.
If you are due for any age or gender preventive screenings, and your doctor recommends it, you enjoy a $5 reduction in your specialist copays for the rest of the year by having the recommended screening(s) done. Keep in mind, the earlier in 2018 you complete the wellness activities, the sooner you enjoy free PCP copays and/or reduced specialist copays.
In the event you and/or your enrolled spouse are unable to perform any or all of the wellness activities due to medical reasons, alternative options will be available to receive the rewards. Please contact the Employee Benefits Division for details.
Follow These Easy Steps to Start Earning Your Rewards
- Select a PCP (if not already done).
- Complete the online health risk assessment. You have a choice between completing your medical plan’s health risk assessment or the State health risk assessment.
- Take the list of screenings with you to your annual physical exam and if your doctor recommends any of the screenings for which you are due, complete the screening(s).
Take Advantage of These Wellness Benefits
- Reimbursement of weight loss program monthly membership fees.
- Wellness coaches – available under all medical plans – to help you reach your nutrition and health goals. For details, go to our website at: http://dbm.maryland.gov/benefits/Pages/WellnessHome.aspx
All employees, non-Medicare eligible retirees, and enrolled non-Medicare eligible spouses need to create their own individual online account the first time they visit their medical plan’s website. If you already created an account in the previous year, you do not need to set up a new account.
Last updated: May 31, 2018