What do you want to learn today? All staff, faculty, and students now have access to lynda.com, an online subscription library that teaches the latest business, software, and creative skills through high-quality instructional videos. Topics include project management, public speaking, leadership, facilitation, and thousands more. You can also search the library by author.
Login to lynda.com
- Faculty can create playlists and incorporate them into syllabi to help with students’ course work.
- Staff can enhance leadership and business skills and explore new technologies.
- Students can learn techniques that will help boost class projects and resumes.
As a member of the University of Maryland community, you can visit www.lyndatraining.umd.edu and log in with your Directory ID and password to access more than 2,300 training videos on a broad range of subjects, including career development, design, music and video, and Web tools. New courses are added often.
This online learning community is offered through a partnership of the Division of Information Technology, University Human Resources, and the University Libraries. For assistance with the new lynda.com service, contact the IT Help Desk at 301.405.1500.
There is MORE!
UHR is offering workshops on How to Get the Most out of lynda.com in a one hour session.
We will provide you with a demonstration on how to best use this amazing tool for your own growth and to support the development of those around you. Remember, the PRD cycle is ending and starting again soon! Choose a session that best fits your schedule.
March 31, 2014 10am, Room 1101U BLDG 338 (Chesapeake Building)
April 9, 2014 1:30pm, Room 1101U BLDG 338 (Chesapeake Building)
May 1, 2014 3pm, Maryland Room, BLDG 046 (Marie Mount Hall)
We will answer these questions and many more!
- How do I use lyndatraining.umd.edu to develop my professional skills?
- How do I work with a supervisee to set expectations for skill improvement in the next PRD cycle?
- What are the Certificates of Completion? And how do I create a personal ‘play list’ of topics?
Bring a laptop or just follow along in our presentation. Remember, always sign-in on www.lyndatraining.umd.edu so you can take advantage of our UMD relationship with lynda.com.
Last updated: April 9, 2019