An Overpayment Recovery pay adjustment is used to recover overpayments to active employees Overpayment recoveries should not be created to recover overpayment overtime transactions for staff. Rather, a time entry adjustment should be created for overtime recovery.
- After selecting employee:
- Select “Other Pay Adjustment”
- Click “Continue”
Select Reason for Adjustment/ Release
- Select Reason for Adjustment – “Overpayment Recovery”
- Select Pay Period which Adjustment is Applicable – when the overpayment occurred
- You may also change the “FICA Code” for the adjustment if necessary. Most pay adjustments are left at the system default with the exception of “Accident Leave” which may require a different FICA taxability. In this case “FICA Taxable” is defaulted since a Final Leave Payout is FICA taxable. Questions concerning FICA taxability should be directed to Payroll Services.
- Enter Deduction from Salary amount- NO (-) sign is required.
- Enter Notes- required for this type of adjustment
- Click “Save”. Now, you can see the link at the bottom of the page to change the account number if necessary.
- Click “Release for Approval”
- Now, an e-mail message is sent to the department approvers alerting them to approve the pay adjustment.
- You can see a RED message saying “Adjustment has been released, No Updates Allowed” and you are finished with the pay adjustment.
- Click “Return to Main Menu”