To combine two data items into a third “computed” item as a string, use the concatenation string function in either the Query or Results section.
- In Query section, select Request button and then select Query menu (In Results section, select Results menu).
- Select Add Computed Item.
- Name the new data item in the Item dialog box.
- Press the Functions… button on right in dialog box.
- Select String Functions from the Function List Categories window in the Database Functions dialog box.
- Select Concat from the Functions available in the window to the right.
- Complete the table by referencing the first column name and the second column name.
- Click OK in the Database Functions dialog box.
- Click OK in the Item dialog box.
To review/modify the computed item double click on the item name on the Request Line.
Last updated: October 15, 2013