Similar to the “find and replace” command in word processing, to search for NULL values in the retrieved data element and replace with a specified value, use the null value conditional function in the Query or Results section.
- In Query section, double click the intended item on the Request Line (or select item and select Modify) (In Results section, select Results menu, select Add Computed Item and name the new data item in the dialog box).
- Press the Functions… button on right in dialog box.
- Select Conditional from the Function List Categories window in the Database Functions dialog box.
- Select Nvl from the Functions available in the window to the right.
- Complete the table by entering the replacement for a null value.
- Click OK in the Database Functions dialog box.
- Click OK in the Item dialog box.
- To review/modify the computed item double click on the item name on the Request Line.
Last updated: October 15, 2013