Please follow the steps below when applying to positions posted at ejobs.umd.edu:
Creating an Account:
- On the UM career opportunities page click “Create Account” from the left-hand side menu options.
- Fill in the requested information and click “Create”. Once created you will receive a message at the top of the screen stating your account has been created.
Applying to a Position at ejobs.umd.edu
- Search for vacancies by selecting “Search Jobs” or by selecting the position type (i.e. Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Assistants).
- To view detailed information on a position and to apply click “View Details” then “Apply to this Job”. Users will be guided through the application process.
- First time users will be required to create an account before applying to jobs. Returning users should login using their existing user name password by selecting “Login” from the left-hand side menu.
- Nonexempt positions require applicants complete a profile and general application. Resumes are not accepted when applying for nonexempt positions. Please note that it is extremely important to thoroughly complete your application. Be sure to include all dates of current or previous employment. Give details regarding your work history and job duties. Remember, the determination of whether or not you qualify for the position that you are applying to is based on the information that you provide in this application.
- Exempt, Faculty, and Graduate Assistant positions require applicants to complete a profile and attach any additional required application material.
- Required information items are marked with the (*) and the system will prohibit you to continue in case of no responses to required questions.
- On successful creation of your application you will be asked to confirm and initial your information. You will receive a confirmation number as well as an email confirming your application material has been submitted.
- You can use the user name and password you just created for your future attempts.